The Flex Innovations RV-8 Night version is a massive, yet lightweight airframe that offers an incredibly wide flight envelope. From beginners to experts, the RV-8 has something to offer everyone. Beautiful scale lines, clear canopy with pilot and a beautiful color scheme deliver a true-to-scale presence in the air and on the ground.
Powerful internally mounted and factory-installed LEDs that make the airplane shine from the inside and highly visible at dark. In addition, two Spot Lights with giant LEDs illuminate the whole tail of the aircraft with authority. The LEDs can be turned on and off from the transmitter adding another level of fun! The optional float set also includes factory-installed LEDs.
The finely tuned power system allows the RV-8 to fly large aerobatic maneuvers as well as basic 3D maneuvers in a very predictable and friendly manner. It offers a perfectly balanced air-frame design combined with the included Aura 8 Advanced Flight Control System. The Aura 8 AFCS is today’s most sophisticated stabilization system, yielding an unmatched flying experience. Pilots will feel smooth, predictable and precise aircraft control without any interference to pilot inputs. The pre-programmed and installed Aura 8 works with any known transmitter and receiver and requires only a quick connection to your receiver to get you flying. Out of the box, the Aura is pre-programmed with 3 Flight Modes (Low Rate, Gyro Off - Low Rate, Gyro On - High Rate, Live-Wing, Gyro On) that gives you the option to choose how you want to fly.
The RV-8 structure is hollow on the inside and has plywood and carbon fiber in key locations. The innovative plywood sub-structure secures the power system to the wing tube and landing gear mount, making the motor run very smooth, even at high power. Because it is EPO foam, it remains TOUGH yet REPAIRABLE.
The RV-8 has an array of options, including floats for flying off water and a key chain camera mount for capturing that impressive in-flight footage and of course the night flying.
With hundreds of designs, World F3A and Free Style Champion Quique Somenzini has maximized the simplicity and practicality of the RV-8 design. It takes less than one-hour to assemble out of the box and remains quick to assemble at the field. It is an easily transportable size. In the air, the locked in feel, stability, precision, power and unprecedented maneuverability will make the RV-8 your favorite every-day aircraft.
Click on the VIDEO tab above to check out the Videos!
Check our Wiki Support page for the latest updates and tips.
GREAT FEATURES INCLUDED!
- Advanced Aura 8 Control System
- Scale lines and details to bring the majesty of scale looks with an unreal flying experience!
- Removable pilot to allow customization or easy replacement
- Less than 1 hour assembly time
- Innovative plywood sub-frame connects the motor securely to the fuselage while providing superior battery mounting and cooling
- Hollow EPO foam wing with internal wood and carbon fiber structure
- Two-piece wing for easy transportation and field assembly
- Light wing loading for easy handling
- Large flaps for stunning short take-offs and landings
- Powerful internally mounted and factory-installed LEDs that make the airplane shine from the inside
- Two Spot Lights with giant LEDs illuminate the whole tail of the aircraft with authority
- Includes LED controller that can be turned On/Off in flight
- Vortex generators for low speed control
- Scale navigation lights Installed
- Large control surfaces for excellent maneuverability
- Huge top hatch for easy battery and equipment access
- 6061-T6 aluminum landing gear offers increased durability and scale appeal
- Six New DS34 metal gear digital servos for ailerons, elevators, rudder, and flaps
- Powerful all metal 70 size 500Kv motor offers astonishing power.
- 100A ZTW BL motor controller with separate 5V/10A SBEC
- 17.5 x 7" custom tooled Somenzini-Ribbe (SR) Prop for awesome grip at all speeds
- Float-ready air-frame for easy addition of optional floats
- Custom control horns for optimized throw and precision
- All linkages use ball links for secure yet precise control
- Rudder and elevator servos mounted in tail for precise control
- Factory applied trim scheme
- Accepts a wide range of batteries while offering a range of different performance levels
Flight Stabilizer Installed
DS34 Metal Gear Servo
Tough Plywood Structure
Potenza 70 500kV Motor
SR 17.5 x 7 Propeller
Stab Spot Lights
ZTW 100A ESC w/SBEC
Large Wing Flaps
RECOMMENDED COMPLETION ITEMS:
- Potenza Battery: 5S 4200 40C to 6S 6200 75C
- Potenza (3) Male to Male Servo Connectors (FPZAU01)
- Required when using '4 PWM' (servo lead) Rx-> Aura connections
- Servo Reverser (when using PWM and transmitter/receiver that does not support two flap servos) (FPZA1025)
- Y-Harness (when using PWM and transmitter/receiver that does not support two flap servos. Add another one when using PWM and Floats) (FPZA1012)
- 3S 1500-2200mAh battery for LED's (FPZB22003S45)
- Potenza Battery Analyzer (FPZA1010)
- 6+ Channel Computer Radio recommended
- Float Set (includes Night LED Lights and Servo, (FPM357016)
- Custom 3D printed Keychain Camera Mount (FPM357017)
- ZTW Programming Card (optional) (ZTWCARD)
Choose your PUNCH! Aerobatic on 5S, and Extreme on 6S!
Just Drop it in and GO!